The original trans-sib began from St Petersburg and so should you to see the contrast between the imperial splendour and the soviet simplicity that existed both then and now.
Arrival in St Petersburg! We whisk you directly to your hotel-your first night in St.Petersburg. One of our local staff will be on hand to offer you any assistance you may require today.
After breakfast your guide will meet you at the hotel, to take you round the highlights. This is using public transport to familiarise you with the city centre and help smooth your path... at least until lunchtime! Afternoon and evening free to explore.
Breakfast. Check out by 12 noon (you can leave your luggage at the Hotel) Perhaps you have pre-booked one of our city based excursions for today? (see page 47 of main brochure for details).
If not these are a few of the things you may not have already seen.
* The Hermitage Collection-Winter Palace.
* The canals and waterways of the "Northern Venice".
* The Russian Museum of Fine Art.
* The Peter & Paul Fortress-and the Tombs of the Tsars inside the Fortress Cathedral.
* The Church on the Spilt Blood. Nearby the Souvenir Bazaar.
Own taxi to the station for your late evening Moscow bound train!